No pact to give portfolios to SLFP candidates – Minister Ranatunga
Industrial Exports and Investment Promotion, Tourism and Aviation Minister Prasanna Ranatunga said yesterday that there is no agreement to give any ministerial portfolio to the SLFP candidates once the SLPP wins the forthcoming General election.
He further said that the SLPP has entered an agreement only with the SLFP and not with its Chairman, former President Maithripala Sirisena.
“We must watch carefully as to how the group led by former President Maithripala Sirisena behaves after the General election since he can’t be trusted at all,” he added.
“After the election, the former President and his group may impose conditions with regard to the ministerial portfolios.
However, there are no conditions in the agreement entered with the SLFP to give them the ministerial portfolios,” he said.
“Today the Opposition is struggling to block the people-friendly path of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa. There should be a stable and united government to build a strong country. The clashes between Ranil Wickramasinghe and Maithripala Sirisena during the Yahapalana regime dragged the country into chaos. We do not want such a thing to happen in the future,” he added.
(Source: Daily News – By Irangika Range)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
Last week your secretary and his brother were accused for Heroin Business.
So now rivalry with Maithreepala Sirisena is clear.
How can you say so, this should come from President Gotabaya
This is shocking !!
The immediate former President is the Head of SLPP/SLFP Alliance.
Though good for nothing, expectation is that he will be the PM in the New Govt after 05 Aug Elections !!!