No problem with KP getting into politics – Karu
The UNP has no problems with the former LTTE Chief Arms Procurer and International Wing Leader Kumaran Pathmanathan alias KP joining politics through a democratic course, UNP Deputy Leader Karu Jayasuriya stated.
Speaking at a press briefing held in Colombo today (February 2) he also questioned as to where democracy lies within a country in which Sarath Fonseka, who helped defeat terrorism in the country sits imprisoned while people like KP are allowed to get into politics.
Courtesy: Ada Derana – Pix by Reuters
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023