No room for underworld, terrorism in Lanka – President
I will never let underworld gangs or terrorism raise its head whether in the South or North, President Mahinda Rajapksa speaking in Tamil at the Thaipongal festival in Jaffna said today. He added that terrorism in any form will not be tolerated.
Most development projects in the North have been initiated on foreign loans and the government is paying back the interest of such loans, the President highlighted. However he added that certain media in Jaffna always criticise these development efforts. President requested such critical reporting to be minimised and to look at the development ahead through a positive perspective.
My goal is to provide relief and reconstruction in Jaffna and I hope to achieve it through the ‘Uthuru Wasanthaya’.
Source: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023