No truth in rumors on Gotabaya’s US citizenship – Ali Sabry
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) Presidential Candidate Gotabaya Rajapaksa had legally renounced his citizenship of the United States, said President’s Counsel Ali Sabry.
The Attorney to the presidential candidate mentioned this holding a special press brief today (10).
He says that there is no truth in the rumors that he is still a citizen of the US.
All documents related to the renouncement of citizenship have been handed over to the Elections Commission, Sabry further said.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
let us see after the 17th who will leave the country, then i hope you will have a press conference and explain your statements about citizenship.
All this hullabaloo is a crafty ploy. It all Looks like a desperate attempt to divert voters’ attention from the fact that horrific terrorism (with bombings and mass massacres) has reared its monstrous head again and the economy has been on a pathetic steady decline over the past 5 years. I think in the average Sri Lankan’s head these are the two most pressing issues and not the fact that someone could be having citizenship even in planet Mars!
A ticket has been booked to LA for the so-called first family !!!!
Sajit R and Fonseka are planning to Barbeque the so-called 1st Family.