Nothing wrong in giving Sampanthan official house – Range Bandara
The UNP says that TNA leader R.Sampanthan was given an official house and two vehicles, in his capacity as Opposition and leader of the majority of Tamils.
Palitha Range Bandara MP, addressing the media at Srikotha yeserday, said that the Sirisena-Wickremesinghe government had on the request of the TNA, provided Sampanthan with a house and two vehicles, which had been approved by the then Cabinet of Ministers.
Sampanthan was also the leader of the TNA, which represented a majority of Tamils in the country, Bandara pointed out.
The crying need was to unite all communities in the post war era, which the 2010-2014 Rajapaksa government had failed to do. That government had also allowed Sinhala extremists to run riot, he added.
(Source: the Island – By Zacki Jabbar)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
“Uniting all communities” means no separation or division of our country, and encouraging all to speak one language, as is done in other countries of our size of population.
Sure nothing wrong as this senile parasite always was your party’s poodle and dutifully, yes, he promised you the “Tamil votes” at the last Prez elections! I really feel sad for the Nothern Tamils of Sri Lanka when I see how parasitic these creatures are, just enjoying life in the lap of luxury in Colombo instead of working for their social betterment. All they do is to promote and pour fuel to the now proven unviable, non-practical, Tamil separatist agenda and misguide generation after generation of Tamils from integrating with the rest of Sri Lanka and prospering themselves too, as one nation!