Notorious criminal ‘Kudu Anju’ arrested in France – Interpol confirms
Notorious criminal and drug trafficker Sinhara Amal Saminda Silva alias Kudu Anju has been arrested in France, Sri Lanka Police confirmed today (April 29).
The INTERPOL informed the arrest of ‘Kudu Anju’ to the Sri Lankan authorities, police spokesperson SSP Nihal Thalduwa said.
In 2020, the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) obtained a Red Notice for the arrest of 14 members of organized crimes and drug trafficking, including Kudu Anju who were hiding in foreign countries.
It is reported, he was taken into custody by the French law enforcement authorities following a complaint filed by his wife over a personal dispute between the duo.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023