NUA leader Mrs Farial Ashaff joins SLFP
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma – Pix by: Nalin Hewapathirana
Leader of the Jathika Samagi Peramuna- National Unity Alliance (NUA) Mrs.Farial Ashraff met President Mahinda Rajapaksa and accepted her membership to join SLFP at Temple Trees on 18th February. More than 250 NUA members were participated with her at the occasion this morning.
Widow of the founder leader of Sri Lanka Muslim Congress (SLMC) late Mr M.H.M.Ashraff, Mrs Farial Ashraff was the 1st Muslim woman to become a Sri Lanka Cabinet Minister.
At the same time former UNP parliamentarian for Samanthuraya electorate Mr A.M.M.Naushad also met President Rajapaksa and received his SLFP membership at Temple Trees.
General Secretary of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party, Minister Maithripala Sirisena, Minister D.M.Jayarathne and Minister A.H.M.Fouzi were present.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023