Opposition wants Government & Country to Fail – Lanza
Stater Minister Nimal Lanza claims the current opposition is pleased when cases of coronavirus in the country increase steadily.
Speaking to media in Negombo, State Minister Lanza noted that the opposition is hopeful that the government will fail in its attempts to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.
He said if the country’s economy is weakened and the livelihoods of the public are affected, it will benefit the opposition.
State Minister Nimal Lanza said therefore the opposition is hoping to regain power by derailing the government’s efforts to resolve the on-going crisis.
He said Rapid Antigen Test Kits that were imported to the country recently were sanctioned only after approval was given by the World Health Organisation.
He said however the opposition is preventing the import of such kits which will be used to identify COVID-19 cases.
(Source: News Radio)
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Of course, the Govt must not fail and let many people die.
If many people die, your customer base in the D-Trade will shrink and the profits will dip.