Over 300,000 adults still to receive vaccine – Professor Jayasumana
State Minister of Production, Supply and Regulation of Pharmaceuticals Professor Channa Jayasumana yesterday said that more than 300,000 adults aged 60 and over of the country’s population have not received even a single dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
He said that if adults over the age of 60 years have not obtained the COVID-19 vaccination, they should go to a place convenient to them and get the vaccination.
He emphasized that most of the COVID-19 deaths reported in this country are of adults who have not been vaccinated even with one dose. The State Minister said that if adults have not got the COVID-19 vaccination yet, family members should encourage them to do so. He also said that if there are people with special needs, special facilities have been provided so that they can get the vaccination.
(Source: Daily News – By Subhashini Senanayake)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023