Over Rs. 130 Million worth heroin seized this year – Minister Sagala
The Special Task Force and the Police Narcotics and Organized Crimes Division has been able to seize heroin stocks valued over Rs. 130 million this year and going by this record, the eradication of the drug mafia from this country will not be far away, Law and Order and Southern development Minister Sagala Ratnayaka said.
The Minister said this achievement was made possible due to the scrupulous and systematic program undertaken to combat drugs and organized crime in recent times.
The STF alone had seized 5385.266 grams of heroin valued at nearly Rs.53,852.660 upto 27th December this year, while the Anti-Narcotics and Organized Crimes Division has seized 8226.659 grams of heroin valued at nearly Rs. 82,266,590 during the same period.
The STF had also arrested 303 suspects during 285 successful raids while the Anti-Narcotics and Organized Crimes Division has arrested 167 suspects during 160 raids.
The Minister said an operation was also underway to nab leading underworld characters conducting their drug cartels and other underworld activities from abroad.
(Government News Portal)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
What happens to the drugs ceased?
Please show proof that it was not recycled into the market !