Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to visit Sri Lanka next month
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will visit Sri Lanka next month during which the two sides will sign several agreements including a pact on combating money laundering and terrorism financing, officials said today.
This will be Mr Sharif’s first visit to Sri Lanka since President Maithripala Sirisena took office a year ago. Mr Sharif last visited the island nation in November 2013 for the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting which was held in Colombo.
Deputy Foreign Minister Harsha de Silva said 10 memorandum of understandings (MoUs) and pacts are to be signed during Mr Sharif’s visit, covering a range of key areas.
Besides pact on combating money laundering and terrorism financing, the two countries will sign agreements in youth development field, exchange of statistical and census data, science, technology, scientific and technological cooperation, health and culture among others, the minister said. (PTI)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Patans are friendly ghosts…