Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to visit Sri Lanka next month
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will visit Sri Lanka next month during which the two sides will sign several agreements including a pact on combating money laundering and terrorism financing, officials said today.
This will be Mr Sharif’s first visit to Sri Lanka since President Maithripala Sirisena took office a year ago. Mr Sharif last visited the island nation in November 2013 for the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting which was held in Colombo.
Deputy Foreign Minister Harsha de Silva said 10 memorandum of understandings (MoUs) and pacts are to be signed during Mr Sharif’s visit, covering a range of key areas.
Besides pact on combating money laundering and terrorism financing, the two countries will sign agreements in youth development field, exchange of statistical and census data, science, technology, scientific and technological cooperation, health and culture among others, the minister said. (PTI)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024