Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan to be given an opportunity to address Sri Lanka Parliament
Posted in Local News
Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, who is due to arrive in Sri Lanka on 22 February, on the invitation of Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, is scheduled to address Sri Lanka Parliament on 24th February at 2:00 p.m., Government sources said.
Prime Minister Khan would be the fourth foreign head of state to address the Sri Lankan Parliament in recent times, if his planned visit goes ahead. Late British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher addressed the Sri Lankan Parliament in 1985,Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Sinawatra in 2013 and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2015.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
CV19 is raging in Pakistan.
Will a 14 day isolation be required prior to the Visitor entering Parliament?