Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan to be given an opportunity to address Sri Lanka Parliament
Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, who is due to arrive in Sri Lanka on 22 February, on the invitation of Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, is scheduled to address Sri Lanka Parliament on 24th February at 2:00 p.m., Government sources said.
Prime Minister Khan would be the fourth foreign head of state to address the Sri Lankan Parliament in recent times, if his planned visit goes ahead. Late British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher addressed the Sri Lankan Parliament in 1985,Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Sinawatra in 2013 and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2015.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024