Palestinian Leader meets President Rajapaksa
Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas held one to one talks on matters and issues relating to the countries this morning. In addition to this bilateral talks were also held between the delegations of the two countries with the Sri Lankan delegation led by Minister of External Affairs Prof. G.L.Peiris and the Palestinian delegation led by the Palestinian Minister of Foreign Affairs Nour Al Maliki.
Thereafter Sri Lanka and Palestine signed two bilateral agreements. These agreements covered protocol issues relating to the two countries and an agreement on avoidance of double taxation.
The agreements were signed by the Minister of External Affairs Prof. G.L.Peiris and the Palestinian Minister of Foreign Affairs Nour Al Maliki at the Presidential Secretariat in the presence of President Mahinda Rajapaksa and the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
Ministers Athauda Seneviratne, S.B.Dissanayake, Rishard Bathiuddin, Deputy Minister Neomal Perera, Parliamentarian Sajin Vas Gunawardene and Secretaries to several Ministries were also present at the talks.
Source: Government News Portal / Pix by Getty Images / AP
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
When the Palestinian President’s plane was flying in, was it escorted by Sri Lanka’s fleet of killer Israeli jets?