Pandora Papers: My wife and I are totally innocent – Thirukumar Nadesan
Businessman Thirukumar Nadesan, the husband of Former Sri Lankan Minister Nirupama Rajapaksa, whose name transpired in Pandora Papers, in a letter to the President said that he and his wife are totally innocent and are guilty of no wrongdoing.
‘My name and that of my wife have been referred to as having various accounts/assets, off-shore. These references are in what is referred to as the Pandora Papers,” said Nadesan in the letter.
“It is commonly believed that all persons whose names have been so divulged area in some way guilty of wrongdoing,” he added.
Nadesan has requested the President to appoint an independent investigator (preferably a retired appellate Judge) to investigate this matter without delay so that his name and that of his wife would be cleared.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024