Patali Champika Ranawaka says he is now ready to give leadership
SJB MP Patali Champika Ranawaka yesterday said the ‘43rd brigade’, the movement led by him, is ready to give leadership to a common political platform against the ruling party.
Mr. Ranawaka told a press conference that he had already explained about the 43rd Brigade to Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa on the role played by it.
“Mr. Premadasa is not involved in the 43rd Brigade. But we have already informed him about the role played by the 43rd Brigade,” he said in response to a question raised by journalists. “I don’t believe in individual playing. Therefore I would like to say that the 43rd Brigade is ready to give the leadership to a common political platform against the present government. The 43rd Brigade is involved in building a new breed of leaders who would become an alternative to the present government,” he added.
Mr. Ranawaka said political movements such as Pivithuru Hela Urumaya led by Minister Udaya Gammanpila are invited to join a common platform against the present regime.“we will not invite individuals to join the common platform but would like to invite other political movements to join us,” he said in this regard.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera)
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
You must invite the TNA to join you.
Yes, perhaps invite the TNA. A man who cannot and will not accept responsibility for an accident caused by him – shows the character of the man. Let the electorate realise this.