PB Jayasundera resigns, Gamini Senarath to be Secretary to President
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has accepted the letter of resignation tendered by Dr. P. B. Jayasudera, who is the current Secretary to the President.
His resignation will be effective from 31st December 2021, according to sources.
Gamini Sedera Senarath, Secretary to the Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa is expected to take over as the Secretary to the President, according to government sources.
Current Secretary to the Irrigation Ministry Anura Dissanayake is tipped to be the next Secretary to the Prime Minister.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023