Sajith happy that his party won over China’s confidence
The Chinese government donated Rs.19.6 million to Samagi Jana Balawegaya’s (SJB) medical equipment donation programme ‘Husmak’ recently.
Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa who accepted the donation from Chinese Ambassador Qi Zhenhong said these funds will be used to purchase dialysis machines for kidney patients.
“This is special, as it is the first time that a foreign mission has donated funds to an opposition party. This means that we have managed to win China’s confidence,” Mr. Premadasa said.
“We have donated medical equipment worth Rs. 101 million to 34 hospitals since the COVID19 pandemic hit the country,” he added.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023