Perpetual Treasuries banned from buying institutions
Posted in Local News
It is reported that the purchase of other institutions or the use of monies, lying in the bank account, belonging to the Perpetual Treasuries Company of Arjun Aloysius, who has been accused of being involved in the Central Bank Treasury Bond scam, has been banned.
On the instructions of the President, using the money in the Bank Account for other institutions has been prohibited. Meanwhile, it is reported that withdrawing money from that account has also been restricted.
Sources connected to the President’s office said that, the Central Bank of Sri Lanka is keeping a strict watch on the deposits and withdrawals of this particular account.
(Source: Ceylon Today)
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
Sri lankans boast as to how clever they are yet they have not been able to bring to book these crooks. Their enough evidence to show that they have embezzled money raise money without colatreal. Government should have frozen their accounts until the investigation is complete. Until then he could live off his wife whose role in this guys operation should be investigated. From what is known to me she is a b**ch of the highest order fit for a pervers dog like alysius
Zama Abesiri’s comments above on two persons ( a female and a male) are in extremely poor taste.
Could Bloggers be objective in their journalism and uphold high standards.
Recently, there were a number of felicitation messages on Onlanka’s 13th anniversary with special reference to high standards maintained by Onlanka’s staff and contributors.
Comments such as Zama’s indicated above are terrible blots on Onlanka’s stature.