PM to pay for bullet proof vehicle
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe had asked the Election Commissioner to inform him of the government’s expense for the bullet proof vehicle used by him until the election is held.
This was revealed during a meeting Party Secretaries General had with Election Commissioner Mahinda Deshapriya at the Election Commissioner’s Secretariat yesterday.
It was revealed that the Premier had asked the expenses to settle the dues to the government. This is the first time in the history of Sri Lanka that a Prime Minister was taking measures to pay for using government property during the election period. It was also revealed that it has been decided to make arrangements for ministers also to pay to the state for government vehicles used during the election period.
It has also been decided to reduce the security to the ministers and their deputies and not to allow vehicles with garage number plates to be used during the election period.
It was also revealed that it has been decided not grant Air Force helicopters to be used free of charge during the election period.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023