PM to pay for bullet proof vehicle
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe had asked the Election Commissioner to inform him of the government’s expense for the bullet proof vehicle used by him until the election is held.
This was revealed during a meeting Party Secretaries General had with Election Commissioner Mahinda Deshapriya at the Election Commissioner’s Secretariat yesterday.
It was revealed that the Premier had asked the expenses to settle the dues to the government. This is the first time in the history of Sri Lanka that a Prime Minister was taking measures to pay for using government property during the election period. It was also revealed that it has been decided to make arrangements for ministers also to pay to the state for government vehicles used during the election period.
It has also been decided to reduce the security to the ministers and their deputies and not to allow vehicles with garage number plates to be used during the election period.
It was also revealed that it has been decided not grant Air Force helicopters to be used free of charge during the election period.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
Of course Arjuna Mahendran’s son-in-law can pay for all these expenses, showing RW as a clean man to the world.
It is no different to saying the presidential oaths ceremony costed government only Rs 3000, when all the other expenses were paid for by private businesses and NGOs , channeling funds from US and UK.
Ranit is a Traitor, Murderer (Batalanda Case) & No one Racketeer. Of course Arjuna Mahendran’s son-in-law can pay for all these expenses, showing Ranil Wickramasinghe as a clean man to the world.
This is a most welcome move why not make other Ministers also do the same and also why not ban free electricity to residences of every person who enjoy it may be over a billion rupees per year will be saved while we the people are being one of the highest cost electricity in the world . please publish a list with their designation the average per month the units they consume and the average cost per month this will show how our representative how much electricity they consume at our expense