Maithri rejects MR
Posted in Local News
President Maithripala Sirisena has apparently rejected to give nominations to former President Mahinda Rajapaksa, sources said.
The President has come under pressure against his leaning to give nominations to Mr. Rajapaksa, compelling the faction led by the latter to conduct round the clock meetings to sort out the matter at least by tomorrow.
A group of SLFP leaders including former President Chandrika Kumaratunga has exerted pressure on the President against any move to accommodate Mr. Rajapaksa on board to contest the General Election or to spearhead the election campaign.
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka hasn’t lived up to even 1% of expectations in IPL – Virender Sehwag May 26, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 26, 2023
Congratulations Sir, you did the rite thing at the rite time future generations will be thankful and grateful to you you just saved the nation hats off for this decision
You did the right thing without creating a precedent for outgoing Presidents to come back into p[olitics once their tenure of office is over. Let some other potential, clean and educated politician lead the campaign. There has to be a change of leadership at Prime Minister level and that is good for the country.
This is the one and only correct thing he had to do otherwise he would have been cast into the dustbin for breaking the trust of the people
Welldone sir.he deserves it.
well done sir, you had a good job.