Police Curfew imposed in several areas of Western Province in Sri Lanka
Police curfew has been imposed in seven Police Divisions in Sri Lanka with effect from 9:00 PM today (July 08) until further notice.
Accordingly, curfew has been imposed in the Negombo, Kelaniya, Nugegoda, Mount Lavinia, Colombo North, Colombo South and Colombo Central police divisions.
Police said the law will be strictly enforced on those violating the police curfew.
Travelling through the areas where police curfew is in effect is completely prohibited and police have advised to use other alternative routes.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023