Police curfew in Jaffna District extended until further notice
Ongoing police curfew in the Jaffna district will continue to be in force until further notice due to current situation, President’s Media Division said.
Curfew in the Northern Province (Killinochchi, Jaffna, Mannar, Vavuniya and Mullaitivu Districts) and the Puttalam District was to be lifted temporarily tomorrow Friday 27th at 6.00 am and re-enforced at 12 noon on the same day.
However, curfew in the Jaffna district has been extended.
Curfew instructions in other districts will remain as per previous notice.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023