Police curfew lifted in Kandy
In accordance with the people’s request to remove the curfew for a short period to attend their essential activities including purchasing of food and other items, President Maithripala Sirisena has decided to remove the curfew from 10 a.m. and re-impose at 6 p.m. in the Kandy District, the Department of Government Information announced today.
According to the press issued by the Director General of Government Information Attorney-at-Law Sudarshana Gunawardhana, the President Secretary Austin Fernando has instructed to Inspector General of Police Pujith Jayasundara in this regard.
Meanwhile, the government requests the people to use of this grace time period given on humanitarian ground in responsible manner.
(Courtesy: Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023