Police officer interdicted
Posted in Local News
A police inspector assigned to the Medagama Police Station who is alleged to have been under the influence of alcohol while on duty has been interdicted.
Police Media Spokesperson SSP Ajith Rohana said a disciplinary inquiry has been initiated in this regard.
The decision to interdict the officer has been taken subsequent to the launch of an investigation by the superintendent of police in charge of the area following the arrival of the officer for duty at a procession in the Kotabowa area in Bibile while under the influence of alcohol.
Courtesy: News First
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
Very Good Action, But in future you want to be take very strong actions for other bad things, its happen in public