Police read out Court order at protest
Heavy traffic reported from the Parliament road due to a protest against summoning former President Mahinda Rajapaksa to the Bribery Commission.
Police read out a court order at a protest currently being carried out near the Parliament, issued by the Kaduwela Magistrate pronouncing that no protests should be held near the Parliament or its surrounding areas.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023