Police talks tough on inciting racism
Strict action would be taken against any individual or group, who incited racism via social media, the Police said today.
The Police said OICs of respective areas would be held responsible if there were such incidents or clashes.
IGP Pujith Jayasundara had instructed OICs, ASPs, Divisional in-Charge Police officers and DIGs across the country to work accordingly in a committed manner to avoid such incidents, a spokesman for the Police said.
The IGP had sent a circular informing all Police officers in this regard, he said.
He said that they had identified several individuals and groups, who spread and incite hatred among followers various religions, via social media and that the Police had launched an investigation to take strict legal action against them.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Let’s see if the Police are equally handndling the racist Tamil politicos in the north who are today openly spewing anti-sinhala venom at every rally/event. The not long ago events in Jaffna university that saw Sinhala students there being assualtted, stabbed did not happen by accident, but only because of these Tamil extremist-racist politicos being allowed freedom to go on with their vile anti-Sinhala agenda. What incredulous double standard from these “yahapalanayas!”
I agree with Simon.
CM, NPC, Shivajilingam and Adele B (living in UK) should immediately be brought to justice.