Postal strike called off
Posted in Local News
The trade union action launched by the postal service employees has been called off. The postal employees resorted to taking sick leave and engaged in a trade union action due to a number of demands not being met as promised.
Convenor of the Joint Postal Services Trade Union Chinthaka Bandara noted that around 26,000 postal service employees have collectively engaged in the trade union action which commenced at midnight on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the Department of Posts had stated that 600,000 letters have piled up at the Central Mail Exchange due to this action. Postmaster General Ranjith Ariyaratne noted that the letters will be distributed beginning today (July 23).
(Source: News 1st)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023