Postal strike disrupts mail exchange in Colombo
Posted in Local News
The current postal strike has interrupted the mail exchange procedure in the Colombo area.
Postal workers at the Central Mail Exchange launched a 48-hour token strike from 4 pm yesterday (16), stated the Convener of the Joint Postal Trade Union Alliance Chinthaka Bandara. He said this strike is carried out due to disparities in recruitment, promotions, and salary structure.
He stated that the postal workers would resort to island-wide strike action if the government does not provide solutions for their issues.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023