Postal workers’ trade union action to continue
Posted in Local News
The trade union action staged by the Postal Trade Union Coalition will continue until the authorities deliver the promises made to them, Convener of the union front Chinthaka Bandara said.
A group of the Sri Lanka Postal Department workers launched the island-wide strike since Sunday night. The services of many post offices were paralyzed as a result of the trade union action.
The trade union action was launched based on 14 demands including the implementation of a proper procedure for recruitments to the service.
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023