Prageeth Ekneligoda Disappearance: Army Intelligence personnel granted bail – witness remanded
Nine Sri Lanka Army Intelligence personnel who were remanded over the enforced disappearance and murder of journalist Prageeth Ekneligoda, were released on bail today (June 17) by the Colombo Permanent High Court Trial-at-Bar.
The Nine Military Intelligence personnel who were previously out on bail, but charged with the enforced disappearance and murder of journalist Prageeth Ekneligoda were remanded until the 13th of June.
However, a witness of this case has been remanded until June 23.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023