President arrives in Singapore
President Mahinda Rajapaksa and First Lady Shiranthi Rajapaksa arrived at the Changi International Airport on a two day state visit to Singapore, at the invitation of Singapore President Dr.Tony Tan Keng Yam.
Singapore Trade, Industries and Home Affairs Senior Minister S. Iswaran and Singapore High Commissioner Chang Chai Chung and Sri Lankan High Commissioner in Singapore Ferial Ashraff received the Sri Lankan delegation at the airport.
During his two day visit, President Rajapaksa will meet his Singapore counterpart President
Dr. Tony Tan Keng Yam and and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong tomorrow. The two sides will hold bilateral discussions and sign several key Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) strengthening the bilateral ties between the two countries. External Affairs Minister Prof. G. L. Peiris, Parliamentarian Sajin Vass Gunawardena, Secretary to the President Lalith Weeratunga and External Affairs Ministry Secretary Karunatilaka Amunugama accompanied the President in the tour.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023