President condoles over terrorist attacks in France
President Maithripala Sirisena says as a nation that has undergone much suffering due to terrorism, Sri Lanka unreservedly condemns terrorist attacks in Paris.
Issuing a message of condolence, the President states the international community must unite to collectively combat the menace of terrorism and extremism.
Following is the full text of the message issued by the President;
HE François Hollande,
President of the Republic of France,
I am deeply saddened by the large loss of life and injuries caused by the brutal terrorist attacks in Paris on 13 November 2015.
The Government and People of Sri Lanka join me in conveying condolences to the Government and People of France, to the bereaved families and those injured in the attack.
As a nation that has undergone much suffering due to terrorism, Sri Lanka unreservedly condemns such acts of terror. The international community must unite to collectively combat the menace of terrorism and extremism.
The Government and people of Sri Lanka stand united with the Government and People of France during this time of grief.
Please accept, Excellency, the assurance of my highest consideration.
Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President says 42 new laws enacted for economic transformation, 62 laws due for enactment March 5, 2024
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from March 05, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Electricity tariff to be reduced by 21.9% from midnight today March 4, 2024
- Court extends enjoining order safeguarding Sarath Fonseka’s positions in SJB until March 19, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Two former Sri Lankan police officers sentenced to death over custodial death March 4, 2024