President Congratulates New Latvian Prime Minister
President Mahinda Rajapaksa has written to congratulate the new Prime Minister of Latvia Laimdota Straujuma. Extending his best wishes, President Rajapaksa described the appointment of the country’s first female prime minister as “a landmark event in the history of Latvia.”
A long-serving civil servant, Prime Minister Straujuma was nominated by Latvian President Andris Berzins and confirmed last month.
“Warm and abiding relations that exist between our two countries have been characterized by friendly and mutual understanding,” President Rajapaksa further said in describing the bilateral relations between the two nations.
President Rajapaksa, in the letter, also said he is confident that the “cordial ties will be further strengthened during your tenure in office.”
(Courtesy: President Media)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023