President declares emergency regulations on supply of essential food
Posted in Local News
The Emergency Regulation for the supply of essential food items will come into effect from midnight on Monday (30), said the President’s Media Division.
The regulations apply to the supply, selling at higher prices, and hoarding of essential food including paddy, rice, and sugar.
The President has declared these regulations under the powers vested in him subject to Article 2 of the Public Security Ordinance.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023