President felicitates SriLankan Airlines crew
President Gotabaya Rajapaksa commended the SriLankan Airlines crew who flew to Wuhan, the epicenter of coronavirus to bring back Sri Lankan students.
The crew joined a luncheon hosted by the President at the Presidential Secretariat yesterday. Led by the Chairman of the Airline Ashoka Pathirage, Board of Directors, engineers and pilots and the crew who took part in the operation were present on the occasion.
President Rajapaksa said the commitment and courage exhibited by the entire group is a good example for the other sectors in the country. Everyone worked towards a single objective. The risk taken by them is a historical milestone in the annals of SriLankan Airlines.
The President pledged his unwavering support to develop the national carrier on par with other international airlines while preserving our uniqueness. Secretary to the President Dr. P. B. Jayasundara, honorary advisor to the President Lalith Weeratunga, Additional Secretary to the President on International Relations Admiral Jayanath Colombage, Army Commander and Chief of Defence Staff Lt. Gen. Shavendra Silva were also present.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
Kudos Prez Gota for showing true statemanship!
Bravo our national hero Sri Lankan Airlines brothers and sisters – may you be blessed by divinity now and forever for your kind and selfless act!