President Maithripala Sirisena’s brother dies
Posted in Local News
Priyantha Sirisena, the brother of President Maithripala Sirisena, who was treated at a private hospital in Colombo after an axe attack died this morning at the age of 40.
Priyantha, who is also known as “Weli Raju,” is a businessman predominantly engaged in sand mining. He is a younger brother of President Sirisena, who is currently on a four-day state visit to China.
Priyantha Sirisena who was first rushed to the Polonnaruwa General hospital following the alleged attack was later airlifted to the private hospital in Colombo on 26 March.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023