President Maithripala Sirisena’s brother dies
Priyantha Sirisena, the brother of President Maithripala Sirisena, who was treated at a private hospital in Colombo after an axe attack died this morning at the age of 40.
Priyantha, who is also known as “Weli Raju,” is a businessman predominantly engaged in sand mining. He is a younger brother of President Sirisena, who is currently on a four-day state visit to China.
Priyantha Sirisena who was first rushed to the Polonnaruwa General hospital following the alleged attack was later airlifted to the private hospital in Colombo on 26 March.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023