President opens Buddha Mandiraya in Ratmalana
The newly built Buddha Mandiraya in Kothalawalapura Samadhi Buddhist Centre, Ratmalana was opened by President Mahinda Rajapaksa yesterday.
The Buddha Mandiraya built on the instructions of the Chief Sanghanayake of the Hinidumapaththuwe Galu Korale and Samadhi Buddhist Centre Chief Incumbent Mapalagama Budasiri Nayake Thera, was opened to mark the 2600th Sambuddhatva Jayanthi. The President also launched a web site.
The construction of this Buddha Mandira was the brain child of President Mahinda Rajapaksa when he was the Opposition Leader.
Samadhi Buddha Mandiraya in Ratmalana Kothalawalapura was constructed with donations of local and foreign devotees.
Nayake Theras also participated in this opening ceremony.
Ministers Lakshman Yapa Abeywardena, Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena, Senior Minister A H M Fowzie and a number of politicians participated. An alms giving to 100 members of the Maha Sangha was also held.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023