President Rajapaksa pays homage to Muthiyangana Raja Maha Viharaya
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma (Pix by: Sudath Silva)
President Mahinda Rajapaksa paid homage to the Muthiyangana Rajamaha Vihara in Badulla this morning on 04th September. President met the Chief Incumbent of the Viharaya, Venerable Murutthadeniye Dhammarathana Nayaka Thero and took part in religious observances. Later Venerable Thero placed the sacred relic casket on President Rajapaksa’s head to bless him. Laying white sand at the Vihara Maha Maluwa of the temple was also held with the initiative of President Rajapaksa.
Venerable Maha Sangha, Ministers C.B.Ratnayake, Nimal Siripala, Deputy Minister Dilan Perera, Governour of the Uva Province C.Nanda Mathew, Chief Minister of the Uva Province Shashendra Rajapaksa, President’s Chief of Staff Gamini Senarath and the members of the dayaka sabhawa were present at the ceremony.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023