No Doosra Please!
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma (Pix by: Sudath Silva)
President Mahinda Rajapaksa played few cricket strokes to inaugurate the newly built Indoor Cricket Stadium in Badulla by Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) this morning on 4th September. He thoroughly enjoyed playing cricket without opposition players while opening the venue for public in a grand style.
It is not clear who was the bowler while this left hand batsman played few cricket strokes to declare open the Badulla Sports Complex. However it has cost Rs 112 lakhs for SLC to build this indoor facility to improve the level of cricket in the Badulla District. Ministers C.B.Ratnayake, Nimal Siripala, Deputy Minister Dilan Perera, Governour of the Uva Province C.Nanda Mathew, Chief Minister of the Uva Province Shashendra Rajapaksa, President’s Chief of Staff Gamini Senarath and Chief Executive of SLC Ajith Jayasekera were present at the occasion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023