President receives report on FTZ incident
The internal report of the one-man committee appointed to look into the turbulent incident that took place at the Katunayaka Free Trade Zone on May 30 was handed over to President Mahinda Rajapaksa today (June 8).
The one man committee comprises of retired High Court Judge Mahanama Thilakaratne who handed the report to the President personally.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023