President Requests Report on Article on Defence Ministry Website
President Mahinda Rajapaksa met with Sri Lankan newspaper editors and news directors of radio and television stations this morning at Temple Trees.
During the meeting, a journalist asked a question pertaining to an article that was “published without proper authorization” on the website of Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence and Urban Development about the letters written by the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister to the Indian Prime Minister.
Responding to the question, Head of National Intelligence Maj. Gen. (Retd) Kapila Hendawitharana explained that the article had been published “without proper authorization” and that, upon notification, it was immediately removed from the site. The Ministry published this apology: http://goo.gl/9Mb90h.
“As a Government, we express our regret over the incident,” President Rajapaksa said.
The President further told the journalists that he has requested for a report on how the article was published without authorisation.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023