Death threat on kneeling teacher
The teacher of Nawagaththegama Navodya School who was forced to be knelt down in presence of a local politician had been threatened with death, the Nawagaththegama Police said citing her complaint today.
Teacher Susila Herath was forced to kneel down by the former North Western Provincial Councilor Ananda Sarath Kumara for advising his daughter.
Ceylon Teachers’ Union General Secretary Joseph Stalin said the threatening letter was sent under the name of Councilor Ananda Sarath Kumara.
Stalin said this was to suppress the investigation into the death of an eye witness of the case.
The body of the witness, who gave crucial evidence in the case in which Ananda Sarath Kumara was convicted for ill treating the teacher, was found in an abandoned well at Nawagaththegama last Friday.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
If some life threatening incident happened to this teacher, politician should be held accountable.
People in this country are foolish. Why they select such politicians.
Mr.Punyasena Bandara who provided evidence in the trial has died in a well. It could be most probably an assassination by that political group. Forensic doctor is also confused about the death, which means definitely this could be a planned killing.