President signs request for Arjuna Mahendran’s extradition
President Maithripala Sirisena today (6) signed documents related to the extradition of former Governor of the Central Bank Arjuna Mahendran from Singapore to Sri Lanka.
A report containing more than 21,000 pages prepared by the Attorney General has to be submitted to the relevant department in Singapore for the extradition.
The President scrutinized the related documents and placed his signature as the Minister of Defence.
Steps will be taken to transmit these documents to Singapore through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs soon.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023