President to meet Pope Francis today
President Maithripala Sirisena who left for Vatican yesterday on an invitation extended by His Holiness Pope Francis, arrived at the Fiumicino Airport last night.
The President and the First Lady were warmly welcomed by the Chief Protocol of Vatican Jose Betterncourt, the Sri Lanka Ambassador in Italy Daya Pelpola and the Ambassador to the Holy See Ravinatha Ariyasinha.
A group of Sri Lankans in Italy also was present there to welcome the President and the First Lady.
President Sirisena and the First Lady Jayanthi Sirisena will call on Pope Francis today (Dec. 14).
The President is scheduled to visit the Vatican Museum and Saint Peter Bassilica tom orrow and leave Vatican for Colombo on Tuesday evening concluding the two days state visit.
Minister John Amaratunga, State Minister Sudarshani Fernando Pulle and Mrs. Rosy Senanayake were in the President’s delegation.
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023