President visits Kataragama sacred area
President Mahinda Rajapaksa visited the sacred area of Kataragama yesterday morning and attended several religious ceremonies.
He first visited the ancient ‘Kiri Vehera’ and engaged in religious observances. The Chief Incumbent of the temple Ven. Aluthwewa Soratha Thera chanted pirith to invoke blessings on the President and the others accompanying him.
Later the President attended a special religious ceremony at the Kataragama Devalaya organized to invoke blessings on him.
Uva Province Chief Minister Sashindra Rajapaksa and Namal Rajapaksa MP accompanied the President.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023