Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe resigns
Posted in Local News
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has resigned from from the position of Prime Minister.
It is reported that he has officially informed the United National Front (UNF) regarding his resignation, at Temple Trees a few moments ago
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
Now go and use your own money to investigate the Central Bank scandal, and bring the perpetrators to justice!
You owe the country that much at least!
The Forensic Audit carried out by overseas experts hired by the Central Bank was concluded a few days before the presidential Elections.
However, the AG suppressed the release of the report as it could have impacted on the Presidential Candidates and Political Parties.
It is now likely that the Forensic Audit Report will never be released as it contains damaging information on scams from 2005-2018.
So, you are saying the incumbent govt (lead by Ponil/Sajith) purposely supressed the CB audit report (as surely, being the GOSL only they can do it and not the MR Opposition !) so that damning findings about wrongdoings from MR era (re. Central Bank) would not be revealed to the public on election eve? Are you brain-dead or what to sate this type of cockmamie nonsense?
This Relic wants to build trust ‘once again’ (as he termed) with the Sinhala Buddhist majority while determinedly hanging on to the UNP leadership!
OK Relic I suggest here’s how you go about it:
1) Declare again that the Portuguese invasion of Sri Lanka was a great event and that we all should be proud to commemorate it
2) Promise TNA again that you will agree to their 13 racist-communal demands but of course, you will not admit to it publicly
3) Once again surround yourself with crafty, corrupt Muslim politicians (may be a new lot this time?) who are out to support Islamist-extremism-terrorism and create the much needed ‘religious card’ that they want to play for their political benefit, at the expense of national harmony
4) And finally, yes, once again go find someone who you will appoint as a senior minister, someone who is so brilliant and again will utter the words “Sri Lanka is not a Sinhala Buddhist Country”
Why do persons take up politics in Sri Lanka?
Only one reason ; to enhance personal wealth !!!
Ranil W is an exemption; he never was corrupt on his own.
Ranil W is a true democrat.
The new Govt should release the Forensic Audit Report on the Bond Scam quickly.
Re. Ranil (aka Ponil) : “he never was corrupt on his own”
This is a nonsensical statement as far as we can see.
This Ponil was corrupt to the core because he let his hand-picked good friend Arjun Mahendran (especially carted in from Singapore) empty the Central Bank with the mega-fraud “Bond Scam” (the biggest financial fraud in SL’s history!) but did nothing against Mahendran when the facts were out and nor did he do anything against the other (evident) accomplices of Mahendran (such as the fat-cat in his govt. ho landed himself in a luxurious penthouse paid for by Mahendran’s son in law, but when questioned how he got there, who is paying for it, the fat-cat’s response was “I don’t know!”)! Ponil, admittedly, was a different kind of scammer – appears he was more interested in the mega-bucks (yes, these cheap bribery proceeds were not his cup of tea) from the Bond Scam to filter down to finance his great ambition of becoming the Prez of this country, but well, when Mahendran was stripped naked, all that ambition went Poof!