Prime Minister sworn-in as Social Empowerment Minister
Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa was sworn in as the new Cabinet Minister of Community Empowerment and Estate Infrastructure Development before President Gotabaya Rajapaksa at the Presidential Secretariat, today (01).
With the demise of Minister Arumugam Thondaman, the ministerial portfolio fell vacant.
Secretary to the President, P.B. Jayasundera was also present on this occasion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023