Prime Minister Wickremesinghe awarded an honorary doctorate
Posted in Local News
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe was awarded an honorary doctorate from Deakin University in Australia for significant contributions in reforms in economy, education and human rights in Sri Lanka, Deputy Minister Harsha de Silva said.
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
what has he done in terms of the economy of Sri Lanka when we are having one of the highest cost electricity in the world how can he give a million jobs while we have the potential to have the least cost electricity in the world by having BOT coal fueled electricity as base load cost per kWh Rs6 and economical hydro with large reservoirs as peaking power cost per kWh Rs 2 as such the average cost at generation point per kWh is 0.8×6 +0.2×2= Rs 5 with this cost of electricity investors would be flocking to Sri Lanka now they are avoiding us
Is this a PhD (Bond Scam)?
Is this honorary doctorate worth the paper which is written? The world is making a fool of us.
Robert Mugabe was given three honorary degrees.
Honorary LLD degree from University of Edinburgh (1994), which was however revoked in June 2007.
Honorary LLD degree from University of Massachusetts (1986), which was also revoked in June 2008.
Honorary LLD degree from Michigan State University (1990), and was revoked on 12 September 2000
Donald Trump too was given a honorary degree in 2010 by Robert Gordon University (Scotland, UK) awarded an honorary DBA but was revoked due to his remarks about Muslims.
These type of Doctorates awarded by pretigious universities as well from an un recognized universities. No value only a pieace of paper.
This Hon Doctorate was awarded so that Yahapalana can approve setting up a Deakin Private University in SL.
There’s talk that the Deakin University have been allocated land in Mullaitivu and Passara for setting up private campuses.