Prime Minister’s message for Hajji Festival
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe issuing a message said that Hajj Festival is celebrated in a true spirit of fellowship among Muslims all over the world, gave us great insights into the need for reconciliation and unity.
He said the examples given by Islam are so relevant for today.
Full text of the message is as follows:
The Hajj Festival celebrated in a true spirit of fellowship among Muslims all over the world, gives us great insights into the need for reconciliation and unity. It signifies an important milestone in the spiritual life of every Muslim.
Islam teaches its followers to cast aside petty differences among the faithful, to share one’s resources with the less privileged and to live in harmony with one another. This is an excellent example for us all, a powerful inspiration that is so relevant for the times we live in.
The Hajj Festival is a sacred occasion for the Muslim community as they come together to worship and engage in a pilgrimage that marks the most important part of their religious journey; one undertaken in deep reverence, sans all pretences.
May you have a blessed Eid Mubarak.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
Thank you Prime Minister for the wonderful message.
Suggest you instruct the Hon Foreign Minister to bring forward a resolution at the forthcoming UN Sessions to recognise IS as a legitimate state. This will solve most of the World’s problems.
Thank you de Vimala for your excellent suggestion. Sure Sri Lankan Foreign minister will forward a resolution to recognize IS as a legitimate state. But remember Sri Lanka doesn’t have a backbone and they never lead anything they are only followers and just ‘Light Signal posts” if Big-brothers ask them anything they meekly surrender. BTW can you suggest a Flag and a National Anthem for IS?