Private hospitals to be involved in PCR testing
Posted in Local News
The Ministry of Health has decided to involve private hospitals in the process of carrying out Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing in the country to increase the number of PCR tests carried out daily.
The decision was taken at a discussion held today at the National Operation Centre for Prevention of COVID -19 Outbreak as the number of patients reported daily had increased.
Health authorities had said that around 800 PCR tests are carried out daily by the Government Hospitals and that the facilities at private hospitals should be obtained to increase the number of PCR tests to identify more patients.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023